Friday, February 15, 2008

Oh, NOW I get it!

There's a new, interesting development this morning. You know how when you stay at a hotel, and you don't want a maid to come in and disturb you or something, and you put that little "shh! I'm sleeping" thingy on your door handle? Well, I wake up this morning bright and early and see one of these on Jill's door! Then it all clicked, it all made sense. Jill thinks this is vacation! She thinks this is her hotel away from home! THAT explains why she never cleans, never buys bathroom or kitchen supplies, and never wakes up at a normal time for people who need to get their day going and accomplish something. In fact, I've heard her say that this time away from Seattle is her time to "find herself." Isn't that what high school girls going on a trip to Europe for a few thousand dollars say in order to justify a ridiculously expensive vacation that many adults can never even experience? If I had to pick one saying that pissed me off the most, I think it would be when people talk about finding themselves. This "girl" is 29. That means almost half of her lifetime has passed her by already. If she hasn't "found herself" yet, I would guess that it's time to stop trying and get over it. Find a life, honey, you're not gonna find yourself this way.
But back to the door sign thing. WTF? I just find that rude and offensive. I am not your maid. I may be the only one around here who vacuums or cleans the kitchen and bathrooms, but that doesn't make it ok for you to put a little paper on your handle saying you're still asleep. If I want to listen to music in my room across the hall at 1150, you better believe I will! Or if, like last week, I want to vacuum at 12-fucking-30 PM, I will. It totally explains her habit of just leaving mess wherever she feels like leaving it though. I mean, why wash your dishes more than once a week? You're on VACATION in a beautiful city! Why wake up before 12? It's fucking vacation time! UGH!!!
By the way, it is now 1156, and she has yet to wake up... 

2 comments:

A said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
A said...

To balance that, you should buy one of those furry - possibly glittery - purple or pink doorknob hangers at Claire's that says something like "I'd rather be shopping" or "Material Girl" or "You're Not Invited."