Monday, February 11, 2008

So...

So I've been joking for quite some time now that I should start to keep a journal of my roommate's activities. Or lack thereof. Well, after an odd weekend, I've decided it's finally time to make good on that promise and record her day-by-day antics here. Either this will be mildly amusing, or very, very boring. We'll call her "Jill" in order to make this easy, ok? I only wish I had started this earlier. I begin a real-life, full time job a week from tomorrow and I feel like not being home at all during the day will really screw with my observations of my roommate's habits. Here's what the average day in her life looks like though: Jill wakes up around 1pm. That's right, ONE PM. 1300. AFTERNOON! Then she'll get up, toast her tortilla with butter flavored spray for "breakfast"(lunch?) make tea, an watch tv for the next hour or two. Or three. Now, this isn't just any tv she's watching, it's my dvd collection, which she digs into, then leaves all over the floor. doesn't bother to put them back in the nice stacks I arranged before. And you'd think she'd get it after the 10th time I came and cleaned it up after her, right? wrong. Maybe she came from a household where she's used to people cleaning up after her? ugh. 
Anyway, most of the day looks like that. Eating, not cleaning up after herself, monopolizing the living room and the tv, and all of this while not getting dressed. Must be a rough life. Finally around 4pm Jill will take a shower and get dressed. Then she'll go take a dance class or two at, and be back around 7ish to finish off her busy day of eating, making a mess, and sitting there. 
My main beef, which I think I will probably repeat later on, is that she is home just SO much, yet never cleans a thing! I can't remember the last time she's taken out the trash or swept the floors. I don't think she's ever vacuumed or cleaned a bathroom. But she's here more than any of the other roommates (there's 4 of us, total), so it only stands to reason that most of the mess must be her's. At the very least she could do an even share of work, right? 
Anyway, we'll see how this blog ends up working out. I may just delete it after a couple weeks or something, if it's boring.... 

1 comment:

OC said...

She probably just has a beautiful soul.